Need a Title Loan? We can Help You!

Get Same Day Cash And Keep Driving Your Car. Fast, Convenient, No Hassle Process. Apply Now and Find Out How Much Money Your Car Qualifies For!!

How Much Cash Can I Get?

Who Pays For Damages After A Collision?

Categories: automotive,  Blog,  car accidents,  Car Title Loans California Blog

You have been in an accident and are wondering who is going to pay for damages after a collision with your vehicle. Well, who pays for the damages depends on a few different factors. A few different factors to discuss are if you and the other person are insured, what type of coverage you both have, and who caused the accident.  Car Title Loans California can help you get some money if you need to pay for the damages.

If you are confused you can always contact auto accident lawyers; they can give you all the information you need to make you feel at ease. But, if you want some general information about who pays for damages after a collision, keep reading. 

Accident and Insurance Coverage Scenarios 

There are many different types of situations that can occur when you get into a car accident, and you should be prepared for them. 

The Other Driver is At-Fault and Has Insurance

If you get into a car accident and it is the other person’s fault, then their insurance company should pay for the damages that occur to your vehicle. In almost every state, each person who has insurance must have property damage liability insurance. This coverage covers the damaged car for repairs in the case of an accident. 

Once you and the other person talk to your respective insurance companies and let them know what happened, the other driver’s insurance should pay for the damages to your vehicle if the accident was not your fault. 

The Other Driver is At-Fault But Doesn’t Have Insurance

If the other driver does not have insurance, but you do, then you must turn to your insurance company to pay for the damages to your vehicle. Although, it will depend on the type of coverage you have. You will probably need collision coverage and/or uninsured motorist coverage. These coverages help pay for your repairs if the other person does not have insurance. But, you may have to pay a deductible for your repairs, which means you have to pay some of the repair costs out of your own pocket. 

The Other Drive is At-Fault But You are Both Uninsured 

If you and the at-fault driver do not have car insurance, but they are still responsible for the accident, you can file a lawsuit against them for the money you need for repairs. If you choose to go this route, you should contact a skilled lawyer to help you get the money owed for your repairs. This way, they can gather evidence against the other driver to prove that they are at fault for the accident and the subsequent damage to your vehicle. 

You and the At-Fault Driver Have Insurance

If you get into a car accident and it is the other driver’s fault, their insurance company should pay for damages to your vehicle. But, if you have collision coverage, you have the option to have your insurance coverage pay for damages to your car. The choice is yours. If you choose their insurance company to pay for damages, you will not have to pay a deductible. But, if you decide to use your collision coverage, then the process could be quicker, and you do not have to deal with the other person’s insurance company, which may be a plus for you. 

You are the At-Fault Driver But Have Insurance

If you are the one that is responsible for the car accident, your insurance company will pay for your and the other driver’s repairs, depending on the type of coverage you have. If you have collision coverage, this type of insurance will cover damages to your vehicle no matter who is at fault, but you will have to pay a deductible. If you do not have collision coverage, then you will have to pay for repairs out of pocket. 

The result is that you might want to think about adding collision coverage to your policy if you get into an accident with someone uninsured to ensure your vehicle gets repaired. Of course, the choice is yours to make. 

Trading Financial Credit, LLC may act as the broker for the loan and may not be the direct lender. Loan proceeds are intended primarily for personal, family and household purposes. Trading Financial Credit, LLC does not offer or service student loans. California loans are made or arranged pursuant to a California Financing Law License : 603-8192. Arizona: Loans made pursuant to Arizona Department of Financial Institutions.

New Mexico: Loans made pursuant to New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Financial Institutions Division Small Loan Company License. Small Loan License 02069

*Credit approval is subject to Trading Financial Credit, LLC credit criteria standards. Actual loan amount, term, and Annual Percentage Rate of the loan that a consumer qualifies for may vary by applicant. Minimum loan amounts vary by state. Consumers need to demonstrate ability to repay the loan.

*Application processes could take five (5) minutes to complete. Upon completion, a conditional approval may be given pending review of documentation. Funding time is based on the time from final approval following receipt and review of all required documents and signing, prior to 5PM PST on a business day.

*Trading Financial Credit, LLC dba TFC Title Loans, Car Title Loans California, Dineromax. If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please give us a call at 1-844-242-3543 for immediate assistance.